I've been looking forward to doing this sales pitch episode for WHY you need to start a solo cleaning company. I have no idea where you are right now as you listen to this episode of the Smart Cleaning School.
You may be sucking wind in your current solo cleaning business and not feeling like this business is fun or exciting. You're feeling overwhelmed, underappreciated, underpaid, and close to quitting. You're working everyday and have nothing to show for it except high-drama clients, stress, and an achy body! You physically can't do it all and you're either afraid of hiring or you absolutely don't want to. Listen closely. I'm speaking to YOU.
You may be working a full-time job and need some extra money badly and you don't want a second job. You desperately want to have your own business and earn your way out of the rat race. But then, you hear how I just talked to the first group of solo cleaners and you're doubting whether you could actually make it work? Could I succeed in my own cleaning company? Do I go for it? I know this... I can't stay at this job the rest of my life. I want freedom. I'm speaking to YOU.
You may be in the Valley of Despair with a cleaning business creating between $250,000 and $400,000. You have a team, but you're completely swamped with admin, systems, hiring, customer issues, scheduling, you never get time to yourself, your business is a nightmare. To make it even worse, you have nothing to show for it. You want to quit and stop the bleeding. I'm speaking to YOU.
These 3 scenarios describes SO many of you out there. Honestly, if you're beyond these issues, you're probably not listening to this podcast! And I'm totally okay with that. I want to serve and have everyone experience the freedom that comes with a properly run cleaning company.
There are 2 solutions to each of these inflection points. You can either go big the right way and earn your freedom. Check out the Interview, "CBF Success Stories with Debbie Sardone and Friends". Or, you can stay small and solo and absolutely crush it with $50,000 to $100,000 annual profit cleaning a few days per week without employees or subs or drama. It's called the ISO Model for the Optimized Solo Cleaner. I've already made my sales pitch to residential cleaners that want to scale to 7 figures in previous episodes. Now it's my turn to make my pitch to start solo, get the ISO Model as your playbook, and stay a solo for the coming season of life.
I'm ready. The pitcher takes the mound. That's me. I'm ready to toss a series of sales pitches to each scenario of listener WHY you need to become an Optimized Solo Cleaner. First of all, I need to sell you on cleaning. Did you know that cleaning is one of the fastest growing industries right now. Check out "The Cleaning Industry is Exploding". More than 50,000 new cleaning businesses are starting each year in America alone. Cleaning was made essential during the pandemic and was in the forefront of reshaping the country. Cleaning used to be in the background, unglamorous, and unnoticed. Now, it's on many investors and side-hustlers minds as a great business to start. There are 12 "Pros of Solo Cleaning I &II" I shared in the first 2 episodes. Today I have one more pitch to add to these 12 to get you off your butt, get the ISO Model Course and optimize your solo cleaning business!
1. Money – A new solo cleaner can set up a part business earning $400-$500/week part time. As they progress through my ISO Model, they can optimize to $50,000+ income per year cleaning less than 20 hours per week without employees or subs or drama.
2. Flexibility – You can schedule and reschedule jobs when it works for you. You're the boss. If you want days, clean houses. Nights or weekends, clean small offices.
3. Low Startup – For under $1,000, you can get your DBA, make your business liability deposit, and invest in your basic equipment & supplies.
4. Tax Advantages – Your cleaning expenses are tax deductible. You can even write off your mileage, home office, and so much more. If this is a side business to the family or you're only source of income, the tax advantages alone can make it worth while.
5. Learning – Once you get the hang of cleaning and your system, you can listen while you clean. It's up to you what you put into your brain while you clean. I personally like audiobooks and podcasts. Grow your mind and your business, while you clean!
6. Service to Others – You get all of these advantages as you serve your community with a basic need in the homes and offices of those in your community. They already need you. It feels great to help people.
7. Easy to Learn – You can do something you already do (cleaning your house) for money.
8. Burns Calories – did you know that a 3-hour house or office cleaning burn 600 calories? Think about it if you clean three houses a day or 3 offices at night, that's 1,800 calories you are burning per day.
9. It's Therapy – Many find the act of cleaning something dirty very calming and therapeutic because you see results right away!
10. Friendships & Networking – You will build lasting friendships with clients and some may go to the point of considering them family. This is awesome for solo cleaners as we tend to be introverts. You can make friends and grow healthy relationships that can endure through a lifetime of service. You will also develop these friendships locally through networking. This is huge as you build your business. These friendships lead to referrals.
11. Recurring Income – This is a powerful pro of cleaning in general and the main reason many business-minded people enter our industry. Do you understand how powerful recurring income is? I want you to think of the painter or contractor that finishes a great year with say $80,000 and then starts over on January 1st. He has to look for new clients and new work all the time. You don't! Get the clients and keep them. This builds tremendous security.
12. Bonus Income – There are many types of 1-time cleaning jobs you can tackle from real estate presentation cleaning to post-construction to window, carpet, tile, and disinfecting jobs. They add bonus cash to your budget and financial goals. Plus, they lead directly back to new recurring clients!
13. It's Exciting – Running your own business is exciting. It's challenging. When you're new, you don't know where your next customer is coming from and it's so much fun to find them. Getting that new customer is ALWAYS exciting no matter how long you've been doing it. There is a thrill in being out there doing something in the community that matters and you get noticed. It's fulfilling and it's exciting.
There it is. It's exciting to run your own business. It's risky. It's challenging. It's uncomfortable. The not knowing is addicting. Getting that new customer sparks all of the other 12 "pros of solo cleaning". But what if you hear this and you're not excited? Maybe you need the security and I'm scaring you off from starting a cleaning business. That's okay. This might not be for you. You can stay in your job where it's safe... until it isn't. Having a job seems safe, but the only guarantee about a job is that you'll lose it one day. Hopefully that day is not soon. That's why upwards of half the American workforce is doing side-hustles.
I'm ready to close down the game as I enter the last inning. I have 3 more pitches to make, one to each of the groups I am talking to. Are you a struggling solo cleaner? Stop trying to figure it out yourself. I have the blueprint to become an optimized solo cleaner. I did it twice to $60,000 profit personally for my family cleaning less than 20 hours per week without employees or subs. I've done it and you can too. You need the ISO Model! Are you thinking about starting your side-hustle like half of the country? Stop overthinking. Set a goal. Clear the time to create enough side-gig income to leave your job in the next 6 months! My friend Robert Pierce did exactly that when he joined the Solo Elite powered by the ISO Model Course in early 2021. He was able to leave a 20-year retail management job in 6 months through This Guy Cleans House. You need the ISO Model! Are you drowning in the sea of despair because your growing cleaning business is literally costing you money? My best sales pitch for you is this! Stop being luke warm. Stop hanging onto mediocrity. Get out of the middle of the road and getting run over. Make a decision. Either grow properly and never struggle again. Or, stop trying to tread water and go back to working by yourself. You'll make more profit and have more time with your family. It's like the company that I attempted to coach in 2017. The owners worked 6 days per week in the office and only kept $35,000 per year as a couple from a $400,000 company. I was keeping $60,000 per year from a $70,000 company and working 2 days per week. I was literally working 1/3 of the time for nearly double the income. If you want to go back to working solo and smart, you need the ISO Model! You can optimize your solo cleaning business to earn over $50,000 profit cleaning less than 20 hours per week without employees or sub or drama! Get access to this game-changing training for only $57 per month in the Solo Elite Membership at smartcleaningschool.com/elite.
Today's episode was brought to you by Total Life Freedom School. Do you have interest in building an online, lifestyle, freedom business outside of cleaning? Do you want to build a platform to help a specific group of people? In less than an hour of training a week, my friend Vincent Pugliese and his TLF School helps aspiring lifestyle solopreneurs master their niche and create recurring income so they can finally live life on their terms. Check out the Smart Cleaning School's TLF School Deal. Get access to TLF School for 14 days for $1 and receive the first two lessons for free! Go to smartcleaningschool.com/resources for this special deal from my friend Vincent and TLF School.
"Helping cleaning professionals make the impact they were meant to make."