Ken continues his interview with Debbie in this surprise episode, where Debbie shares insider teaching from Cleaning Business Fundamentals and brings on 3 CBF success stories. Let's start with a summary of the 6 components of CBF proven success system. If you don't do ALL 6, the system doesn't work.
1. Owner's Role – You can't clean and do 90-day mop-free formula
2. Unique Money-Mix Profit Formula – Keep it simple. You track 3 main numbers (KPIs) in CBF.
3. Unique Empowered Pay – This attracts and retains "career cleaners" vs. "chronic quitters". This is beyond rare in the industry that has very high turnover.
4. Culture of Quality Employer Training System – This Speed Cleaning training system trains new cleaners efficiently and in scale.
5. Marketing & Branding Client Attraction Blueprint – You need a strategy that stands the test of time versus a tactic that comes and goes. An example of a branding strategy is a cause-based business.
6. The Math is the Path – The way to wealth is through metrics. 3 numbers matter – customer acquisition cost, profit to the owner, and client attrition.
There are 3 main groups (avatars) of residential cleaning service owners that can benefit from CBF.
1. Start-Up to Scale – 50,000+ new cleaning businesses are starting out each year, especially after the pandemic. Most have NO idea what they are doing and fail. Some invest in themselves to learn how to grow a cleaning company. Debbie has many students that didn't want to clean solo and wanted to scale from Day 1. Morris McRae joined us for his CBF Success Story with Maids of a Mission in San Antonio, TX.
2. Solo to Scale – These are cleaners that work by themselves. If they're on their own, they're tired, overwhelmed, and frustrated. They want out. If they're Solo Elite Members with Ken, they are optimized with great profit on a flexible schedule. They are ready to make the jump to a team. Jen Rodgers of Just Peachy Clean in South Daytona, FL joined the podcast as our second CBF Success Story.
3. Despair to Scale – Debbie typically meets these cleaners at the $300 - $400k per year in revenue. They are making no money and wanting to quit. Our Valley of Despair CBF Success Story was Katie Stepp of Katie's Cleaning Service in Manassas, VA.
Today's episode was brought to you by Cleaning Business Fundamentals or CBF. Do you want to start a house cleaning business and never have to do the cleaning? Are you a residential solo cleaner wanting to scale your business to earn your freedom? Are you a residential cleaning business trapped in the Valley of Despair with a team but no profit for yourself and close to quitting? Check out the Smart Cleaning School's CBF Exclusive Deal. Get Debbie's impactful "Succeeding on First Time Cleans" for 50% OFF and a free CBF discovery call with Debbie or one of her certified CBF Coaches! Just go to smartcleaningschool.com/resources and you'll find "Featured Sponsor" at the top of the page. If you want to scale your residential cleaning business to a million dollars, get CBF now!
"Helping cleaning professionals make the impact they were meant to make."