I've been teaching the ISO Model for optimizing your solo cleaning business for years now. I'm noticing a theme emerging from the countless coaching calls, hang-ups and challenges of my students, and keys to success. What causes the winners to win and whiners to whine? In this episode, I will introduce the 4 ISO Model Fundamentals to prepare the soil. Over time, I'll follow-up with individual episodes on each fundamental.
Here's the starting point. The WHY. Why would you want to have an optimized solo cleaning business? Answer these questions.
· Are you frustrated with your day job and want more time and money to be with your family?
· Are you paid well at work, but you're stressed out too often and your family gets the last of you instead of the first?
· Are you running a solo cleaning business in residential or commercial, but you're overwhelmed, frustrated, underappreciated, underpaid, and you want to quit?
· Are you growing in your solo cleaning business and making good money, but you're running out of time to do it all and you DON'T want to hire people?
· Have you tried everybody's coaching program to hire, scale, or whatever and you are sick of it all and just want to be successful as a solo?
· Does the idea of earning $50,000+ per year cleaning less than 20 hours per week without employees or subs or drama sound amazing?
Did you answer "YES!!!" to any of these questions? If so, you need the ISO Model and the Solo Elite Membership. The ISO Model is my proven system for solo cleaners to turn every one of these questions around in your life. Why do I call it proven? Simple. I've personally used it to create $50,000 - $70,000 per year income on 2 days per week times in two different states. I've personally coached over 25 solo cleaners over the past few years to do the same. It works, but you have to invest and do the work!
There are 4 fundamentals that you MUST conquer if you are going to succeed in my ISO Model. I've seen these 4 play out in every successful and not play out in every unsuccessful student.
1. FINANCIAL – The majority of the cleaners I've helped and encountered in the industry at all stages and levels have this unfortunate problem. THEY DON'T KNOW THEIR NUMBERS! How can you accomplish anything if you don't know where you are or how to measure progress? This 1st wheel of your business will not spin if you don't dig into your numbers and know them. It's not that hard. Do it yourself or hire an accountant or bookkeeper. There is NO excuse for not knowing your numbers. It is the most prevalent issue I see in the industry and it's the biggest excuse cleaners make, "I'm just not good with numbers." Stop saying that and do something about it!
2. STRATEGIC – If you don't have a goal and plan and a map, it doesn't matter how fast you're driving. Zig Zigler used to say, "if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." You need a strategy that will allow you to hit the goals you want to hit. This 2nd wheel of your business will definitely turn, but it may be spinning so fast and getting no traction.
3. MINDSET – Your ability to think and develop the mindset of a business owner that is growth-oriented versus fixed and limited is critical to your success. In the 80/20 principle, this 20% of your time investment leads to 80% of your success. This 3rd wheel of your business will not turn if your mind is closed. Open it and grow, invest, and be willing to take action and make mistakes. That's how learning and winning is done.
4. PEOPLE – Businesses are made of people. People are not machines and require connection. Connection requires relationships, curiosity, listening, people skills, and a Go-Giver's heart. If you're an extrovert, slow down and become more patient and a better listener. If you're an introvert, stopping being so selfish and connect with others. Make yourself uncomfortable. This 4th wheel of your business will not turn if you treat people like machines or transactions.
These 4 Fundamentals show up in every business in every country across every time period in history. There is nothing new under the sun. If you're a solo cleaner or about to become one, stop making excuses. You need the ISO Model and these 4 fundamentals! You can optimize your solo cleaning business to earn over $50,000 profit cleaning less than 20 hours per week without employees or subs! Get access to this game-changing training for only $57 per month in the Solo Elite Membership at smartcleaningschool.com/elite.
"Helping cleaning professionals make the impact they were meant to make."